[fpc-pascal] text.inc(1955, 20) Error: identifier idents no member "CodePage"

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Oct 26 15:45:24 CEST 2011

On 26 Oct 2011, at 15:28, Martin wrote:

> To build trunk (or any revision) with a starting compiler, that is
> itself the same revision => I would expect that to work always?

Yes, but there is no way to encode such an exception in the Makefile
without requiring a bunch of svn-related information:
a) the svn revision from which the compiler was built has to be added
into the compiler binary (that is currently possible, but it's optional)
b) the Makefile has to check the svn revision of the current checkout
and compare it against the revision encoded in the compiler binary

And then we will start getting mails from people having trouble in
case they downloaded a source archive instead of doing an svn checkout.

Jonas