[fpc-pascal] text.inc(1955, 20) Error: identifier idents no member "CodePage"

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Oct 26 15:28:12 CEST 2011

FIFTH :On 26/10/2011 13:38, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> This would require at least an exception for cross-architecture
> compiling, because that should always be started with a native
> compiler compiled from the same code base (a cross-build does not
> perform a full cycle, which is required for certain kinds compiler of
> changes to fully propagate in case we have to work around compiler
> bugs in earlier versions that are triggered by newly added compiler
> code).

Well,  but isn't that an exception that is valid (and probably will
always be valid) for any build? Or maybe I miss something.

To build trunk (or any revision) with a starting compiler, that is
itself the same revision => I would expect that to work always?

At least that is my understanding, what happens, in the "make cycle" ?
The starting compile is used to build a "current" compiler, which is
then used to build itself again?