[fpc-pascal] Any command line interpreters for Free Pascal?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 15 22:52:20 CEST 2011

On 15.10.2011 19:56, Andrew Pennebaker wrote:
> Yes, software bloat is to be avoided. In the simplest terms, I'm asking
> for fpc to consider shebangs as comments. That little syntactical
> addition wouldn't bloat fpc by much at all, but it would allow the same
> code to be compiled by fans of fpc, and interpreted by fans of instantfpc.

You are aware that InstantFPC isn't interpreting the source file in the
sense of e.g. a Basic interpreter? It only strips the shebang and
invokes FPC with the parameters passed in the shebang. Afterwards the
resulting executable is started using the parameters that were passed
when invoking the script.

If you still want FPC to ignore a shebang on the first line, you are
always welcome to provide a patch and then it can be discussed whether
this patch should be included in trunk.

Regards,
Sven