[fpc-pascal] SQLdb :: Commit, Rollback, etc.

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Nov 30 18:25:20 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 30.11.2011 15:47, schrieb Marcos Douglas:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Why TSQLTransaction.Commit calls CloseDataSets?
>> Always that I call StartTransaction and Commit/Rollback and I have to
>> reopen my DataSets?!
>
> Use CommitRetaining and RollbackRetaining. These don't call CloseDataSets.

Right, but I will have keep the transaction in the server all the time?!
I work with ADO in Delphi 7. I keep the DataSet open on the form. If I
need to execute a process in many tables, e.g., I use transaction. So,
just call BeginTran and Commit/Rollback... and all DataSets keep open!

I can't keep a transaction (server locked) all the time.

Marcos Douglas