[fpc-pascal] Makeskel & how to add Firebird connection documentation?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:23:19 CET 2011

On 17-11-2011 10:06, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> I want to document
>> packages/fcl-db/src/sqldb/interbase/ibconnection.pp
<snip stuff about makeskel>
>> What do I enter as package? fcl-sqldb? How do I find out? (And if so,
>> can that be documented for amateurs like me?)
> There is no rule. In this particular case, I would use fcl as a package.
> fcl-db may also be an option later on.
Ok, thanks. (sqldb has fcl-sqldb, that's why I guessed that name)

> You can drop the '--update', if it is the first time.
Did that on purpose, so I won't overwrite my documentation when I
copy/paste the command when updating the identifiers ;)

> and the output option should be
>   --output=ibconnection.xml, not
>   --output=ibconnection.pp
Yep, typo, sorry.

> It should not be added to sqldb.xml, but in its own file. Each unit
> should come with its associated XML file. (this is not an fpdoc
> restriction, but something I do, it eases managing the documentation)
Sensible. sqldb.xml is already fairly big.

> Please note that I do not include documentation for a unit in the
> official docs unless all identifiers in the unit have been documented.
Thanks, I know, but does that include the internal (private) ones? That
would seem a bit restrictive...
sqldb.xml seems to have a fair number of private identifiers without any
identifiers, so I guess I answered my own question...

Thanks,
Reinier