[fpc-pascal] Re: pchar with more than 255 characters

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 17:49:36 CET 2011

On 13/11/2011, leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at ....> wrote:
> I think the
> compiler treats functions receiving array of char (or pointer to it) as
> ShortString when none of the directives above exist.

Indeed, FPC defaults to ShortString if {$H+} is not specified. That is
probably the problem. I really don't know why this is still so (maybe
some performance thing inside the compiler itself). I now simply
specify $H+ in the fpc.cfg file, in case I forget to add it to the
header of a unit.

  - Graeme -