[fpc-pascal] Compilation time

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 17:42:28 CET 2011

On 12/11/2011, Florian Klämpfl <florian at ....> wrote:
> Am 12.11.2011 21:51, schrieb Rainer Stratmann:
>> Does more cpu cores mean less compile time?
>
> No.

Doing a 'make' for the FPC project, multiple cores can be used (via
eg: -j 5 command line parameter on a quad core system). But I think
the multi-core is only used when the makefile process starts compiling
the FCL which is independent of other packages in the FCL. But yes, I
believe you were refering to compiling a single project, so then your
answer is correct. ;-)

  - Graeme -