[fpc-pascal] Location of fpvectorial

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:14:21 CET 2011

I moved fpvectorial out of fpc because I found it too slow/problematic
for me to develop inside the FCL. it was bothersome to rebuild the FCL
and reconfigure the environment noting that I develop across 5
different setups on a daily basis (Mac+2 virtual machines + dual boot
on another computer). If I install an older compiler then my library
is not available, users don't get fixes until a new release is done,
etc.

Not to mention that my renderer code requires TCanvas features which
are not yet in TFPCustomCanvas and also that I'd like to use the
powerful lazutils package.

fpvectorial was never released in compiled form with any FPC release,
so you will only have it installed from FPC if you are using an old
fpc trunk snapshot or something like that.

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Torsten Bonde Christiansen
<tc at epidata.dk> wrote:
> The wiki page states to download from lazarus trunk, but the example files
> there do no use
> the lazarus package, but rather the one from fpc.

Please file a bug report.

> Is it best to use the lazarus/components version or the fpc version?

Yes, lazarus/components

The fpc version no longer exists.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho