[fpc-pascal] ioda joda fulltext search not working

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Wed Nov 9 09:40:44 CET 2011

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, noreply at z505.com wrote:

> Has anyone got Ioda 1.3 fulltext search project working?

I have it working.

> Every time I try version 1.3 it doesn't seem to find any words in a file
> that is indexed when I try a simple demo with it.
>
> The project IODA is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ioda/files/
>
> I make some sample files as follows:
>
> words.txt:
> test
> the
>
> file.txt:
> This is a test file for joda to TEST. If the test works it should index
> these test words in this file.
>

> And then I run the command:
> joda -s myarchive words.txt file.txt
>
> And then I run a query:
> joda -q myarchive test

fsb: >joda -q joda test
{test}
1
file.txt                128     0       499     0       0

> It returns no results of the word test. Any ideas?
> I compiled Ioda 1.3 it only after making some minor modifications to fix
> his procedure:=procedure assignment code.

It took a little more than that with the latest fpc :-)

Meanwhile Darius Blaszijk and me created an own engine, which we hope to
release soon. It will be used for the FPC docs (amongst other things).
If you're interested and Darius agrees, I can send you a copy.
It definitely works, I also use it in a commercial project to implement
full-text-search on a firebird database. And it works with any FPC supported
database as storage.

Michael.