[fpc-pascal] Re: Free Pascal 2.6.0rc1 released

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Nov 6 19:45:01 CET 2011

In our previous episode, Seth Grover said:
> > We have placed the first release-candidate of the Free Pascal Compiler
> > version 2.6.0 on our ftp-servers.
>
> Congratulations! That's an impressive list of new features. I've been
> anticipating this release for some time.
>
> A couple of questions: where can this be found in svn? I don't see a
> tag for it, and fixes_2_6 hasn't been modified for 8 weeks or so.

(Jonas already replied to this)

> Secondly, will there be additional merges from trunk to fixes_2_6? If
> I recall the last time I checked the page with the list of potential
> merges from trunk to fixes_2_6 I believe it was quite long.
> Particularly I was hoping for revision 19036 (resolving issue 19404,
> fixing shared library loading and unloading for Linux platforms) to
> make it into the 2.6 release.

There will be some minor post RC1 fixes before the release, these will be
merged through fixes.  To make that process easier (and avoid errors), fixes
is currently frozen.

After the final release, fixes will be unfrozen, and the normal merging will
resume (though it will take a week or two to work away the backlog.  This
because more risky commits are only merged a few at a time)