[fpc-pascal] Re: Delphi's anonymous functions in Free Pascal

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 15:13:44 CET 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Alexander Shishkin <alexvins at mail.ru> wrote:
> OK, agreed, this is more readable than Delphi syntax. But ...
> 1) If we implement lamdas is FPC we will have to support Delphi syntax.

Hi-jacking, the thread, and again should FPC chase Delphi forever?
Their technical decisions are directed mostly by "marketing" needs.
Should Open Source mimic that?
Now, FPC has provided support for ObjC interface, and Delphi is using
that, so maybe it will (and should) be otherwise - Delphi is to
provide syntax support for FPC?

thanks,
Dmitry

P.S. a lot of syntax sugar might cause diabetes.