[fpc-pascal] Lazarus win32 Break Points

Martin fpc at mfriebe.de
Tue May 24 13:44:20 CEST 2011

On 24/05/2011 11:37, Justin Smyth wrote:
> Quick Question , i am running a copy of lazarus twice from the same
> directory on 2 different projects.if i set a break point in one
> project should that breakpoint show in the other project if they have
> common units where the break points are set? apart from running two
> seperate copys from different directories is there any other way to
> fix this ?

Strange... I assume from your description that they (seem) to appear
cross project?
I wouldn't expect this.

Let's start over.
What version of Lazarus? What version of GDB?

I understand you use on copy of Lazarus only (which is fine).

Your 2 projects:
- Are they in different folders?
- Have they different project names?
- In "Project Options" / "Session": What does it say where to store
session info?

If they have the same name, and session-info is stored in Lazarus-config
dir, then they may overwrite each other..... (not tested, just assumed)
The breakpoints are stored in the session info.

How exactly does it happen for you?
If you set a breakpoint in one project, at what time does it show in the
other? When reloading/re-opening?