[fpc-pascal] Global static vars in a procedure or function

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Mon May 9 21:54:51 CEST 2011

Am Monday 09 May 2011 21:37:03 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> If people don't like a language (any language, not just one or other Pascal
> dialect) and want to criticise it, they will always find bad things to say.
> The FPC manual is not the place to get involved into such petty debates.

I did not say or expect that. I looked at it from the point of
userfriendlyness and also a little bit marketing. And from that point it is
probably that someone who is searching for an appropriate programming
language may has knowledge of the language 'C'. And if it is mentioned in the
manual that a typed const behaves like a static var all is done.
Rainer