[fpc-pascal] Global static vars in a procedure or function

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Mon May 9 21:24:40 CEST 2011

Am Monday 09 May 2011 21:17:17 schrieb Jonas Maebe:
> On 09 May 2011, at 21:14, Rainer Stratmann wrote:
> >>
> >> A typed constant declared inside a procedure/function will behave like
> >> that.
> >
> > Ah, thanks. Does Delphi also behave like this?
>
> Yes.
>
> > I did not find it in the documentation. May be it can be added there.
> >
> > http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refse10.html
>
> It is mentioned there, in the remark at the bottom of the page.
More exactly I mean to describe it there explicitly as a replacement of a
static variable. So if someone searches for that there are not only the
results that critizise pascal for the lack of static variables :-)

Like here: (2.2)
http://www.lysator.liu.se/c/bwk-on-pascal.html
And even here: (Criticism)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_(programming_language)