[fpc-pascal] Re: Accessing USB HID from Lazarus programs?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:53:50 CET 2011

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:47:28 +0000, Henry Vermaak
<henry.vermaak at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 20 March 2011 16:35, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>>I need to create a program using Lazarus/FPC to access a data
>>collection device built using a PIC24F series microprocessor with
>>built-in USB support. The firmware makes the PIC processor register as
>>a Human Interface Device (HID) class USB device.
>>
>>I understand that for the HID class one does not have to provide a USB
>>driver, there is already a generic one on Windows and possibly also on
>>Linux.
>>And the HID interface is not limited to mice and such, for example the
>>PicKit3 PIC programmer and ICE uses the HID driver and it can both
>>program code into PIC:s and execute PIC code with breakpoints from
>>within MPLAB (the PIC develeopment IDE).
>>
>>My objective is to read the data from the data collection device using
>>the USB interface and display the data on screen and also save to the
>>PC disk.
>>My FPC program should be able to run on Windows and preferably also on
>>Linux.
>>
>>But I can't find any good examples on how to access the USB HID
>>device....
>
>What you seen hidapi?
>
>http://www.signal11.us/oss/hidapi/
>
>You will probably have to translate the headers.

Thanks, interesting read. I looked over what I thought would be the
valid items and also tested the included enumeration test project,
which found my keyboard, mouse and Microchip PicKit3 programmer.
So far so good....

But it looks like this is C or C++ stuff.... :-(
Is there any FPC translation anywhere?
I don't believe I can translate the C stuff properly myself to FPC.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden