[fpc-pascal] circular reference

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Mar 6 08:37:41 CET 2011

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:07:45 -0300
Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> If circular reference not is a good practice (even if to use a
> implementation section) then I have to put all code, that works
> together, in the same unit, right?

No, only compatibility or your boss can force you to do that.
You can use hooks and/or OOP inheritance or interfaces to
split circular references.

> So, I ask: Is there a limit of characters at an unit?

The hard limit is far beyond the bearable.
The Mac OS X platform has a 450.000loc unit, but that is auto
generated.
Practically a unit with 10MB/200.000loc feels sluggish to
work with even on a fast computer.

Mattias