[fpc-pascal] status of sparc solaris support

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Jun 28 13:13:52 CEST 2011

On 28 Jun 2011, at 00:29, Seth Grover wrote:

> Most of the references to Sparc/Solaris that I'm finding on the
> mailing list and whatnot are quite old. Can someone who knows give me
> a quick rundown as to what the status of Solaris on Sparc is?

In general it works fairly well. The only problem currently is that
fpmake is broken on that platform (so "make all" in svn trunk doesn't
work anymore), and the people working on fpmake don't have access to a
Solaris/SPARC machine. Maybe Pierre will look into it. In general,
Solaris/SPARC is not actively supported (we only try not to break what
works), although Pierre has worked quite a bit on it the past year.

> I'm
> specifically looking to port a Linux shared library to solaris on
> sparc.

Dynamic libraries work on it in svn trunk.

Jonas