[fpc-pascal] status of sparc solaris support

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:29:46 CEST 2011

Quick question: http://freepascal.org says:

"It is available for different processors: Intel x86, Amd64/x86_64,
PowerPC, PowerPC64, Sparc, ARM."
"The following operating systems are supported: Linux, FreeBSD, Haiku,
Mac OS X/Darwin, DOS, Win32, Win64, WinCE, OS/2, Netware (libc and
classic) and MorphOS."

Then, lower, it lists:

"Sparc architecture - 16 MB of RAM is required. Runs on any Sparc
Linux installation (solaris is experimental)."

Most of the references to Sparc/Solaris that I'm finding on the
mailing list and whatnot are quite old. Can someone who knows give me
a quick rundown as to what the status of Solaris on Sparc is? I'm
specifically looking to port a Linux shared library to solaris on
sparc.

Thanks,

-SG

--
This email is fiction. Any resemblance to actual events
or persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Seth Grover