[fpc-pascal] resourcestring and const arrays

Craig Peterson craig at scootersoftware.com
Fri Jun 24 22:16:03 CEST 2011

In Delphi I can use resource strings with const arrays and everything
works correctly.  For example, if I have a resource DLL with translated
strings and this will work:

resourcestring
   SSunday = "Sunday";

const
   SWeek: array[0..0] of string = (SSunday);

begin
   WriteLn(SWeek[0]);
end;

I've tried doing the same with FPC's GetText unit and
SetResourceStrings.  SSunday gets translated correctly, but SWeek doesn't.

Is that something that should work if I'm early enough in the
initialization order, an unimplemented feature, or something that's
unlikely to changed?

Thanks,
Craig Peterson
Scooter Software