[fpc-pascal] Userfriendly editor

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 12:13:02 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <
felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interresting, my needs are very basic, so I have some questions (maybe
> the answers could be put in the wiki):
>
> 1> What are the commands to download the source via git?

There is download button in github project page for downloading the source.
https://github.com/parmaja/miniedit/archives/master

> 2> Does it support opening files by passing a command line argument?

Yes, and one instance

> 3> Which syntaxes does it support?

All syntaxes that SynEdit can support it.

> 4> Which encodings does it support?

Only UTF8, i need to write function to detect the encoding from the file.

> 5> It seams that it has no install script, I can contribute one, if
> there are instructions about how to generate a patch using git

There is installer for Win32 using InnoSetup, but my target it is to be
portable, so it is no need to have installer.
For linux, you can write it.

> 6> Which rendering component does it use? SynEdit?

Yes, Lazarus SynEdit

But i still need to work on it before make a beta version of it.

--
Zaher Dirkey