[fpc-pascal] Userfriendly editor

reynolight reynolight at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:07:32 CEST 2011

Am 07.06.2011 20:02, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 7 June 2011 16:00, reynolight  wrote:
>> If you prefer syntax hilites etc., completely customizable to your
>> requirements, go and get EditPlus, www.editplus.com. Even on Wine.
> How do you call a FPC 64-bit Linux compiler from a 32-bit WINE editor?
> That's where such solutions fall over.
Yes. My recommendation for EditPlus is valid only for 32 bit Windows or
Linux/Wine. But there, nothing compares to it.

> Another good alternative, and extremely fast editor is jEdit.  Or even
> MSEide is a good choice. I use the latter quite often these days, yet
> I don't develop MSEgui based applications.
When I am using a plain editor for Pascal development, everything comes
down to real customization of syntax hilites and keyboard shortcuts,
powerful search & replace, integrated console window, jumping on the
source line by doubleclick etc. That's where EP shines, and, from my
point of view, no other editor compares.

An IDE is a different category. Lazarus or MSE.

To be honest, I would love it to see just one option, _the_ FreePascal IDE.

With my first 64-bit machine these days, I am going to switch to
Lazarus. Thought, you already did so, years ago? :)