[fpc-pascal] Re: operator overloading and counting references / creating / destoying anonymous instances

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Sat Jul 30 18:01:27 CEST 2011

Am 29.07.2011 13:43, schrieb Bernd:

> With interfaces and their reference counting it can be made to work
> but the cost of doing this seems so immense that I don't believe it is
> justifiable in many real world applications (at least not in my
> application).

The automatic constructor/destructor concept of C++ causes the same
overhead. And the overhead for a function or operator overloading based
approach is the same imo. Or do you have any example where a function
based approach performs better? Overloaded operators are converted into
function calls, there is no real difference.