[fpc-pascal] Re: operator overloading and counting references / creating / destoying anonymous instances

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Fri Jul 29 19:45:48 CEST 2011

On Friday 29 July 2011 13:43:58 Bernd wrote:
> With interfaces and their reference counting it can be made to work
> but the cost of doing this seems so immense that I don't believe it is
> justifiable in many real world applications (at least not in my
> application).
The performance penalty was the same reason
why I abandoned the use of interfaces in the
qt4 binding, just look at the way I used it in the qt2 binding:
Though it was pretty nifty, people may not be aware of
the performance cost of such albeit nice abstractions.

http://qtforfpc.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/qtforfpc/qte/demo/qteobjects.pas?revision=1.2&view=markup