[fpc-pascal] XML-XSD export: importer & how to test

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Jul 28 20:59:18 CEST 2011

> >> Agreed, but you cannot every kind of data type, for that you
> >> will probably need the various databases... and hopefully a
> >> continuous integration server to run the tests...
> >>

> > Sqldb converts databases types to the internal ftxxx datatypes. So,
> > yes, you can everything without external databases.
> I admit I need to delve deeper into this, but to me it's
> strange we have datatypes like ftOracleBlob and
> ftParadoxOLE... These do seem to be database-specific (ok,
> maybe within fcl-db, but still). Earlier today I've written
> code to dumbly create a bufdataset with all these datatypes
> for and will see what happens when assigning data to it. If
> it blows, I'll comment it out... we'll see.

Db.pas line 2020 gives you the mapping between ftxxx and corresponding
Tfield descendant. This is a default mapping but AFAIK no db implementation
is actually overriding this.
Since there are a lot of ftxxx mapped to only a few TField classes, the
testcases can be reduced considerably. It'll help also in reducing the long
'case fieldtype' statements you have now.

Ludo