[fpc-pascal] XML-XSD export: importer & how to test

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 20:35:36 CEST 2011

On 28-7-2011 20:27, Ludo Brands wrote:

>> Agreed, but you cannot every kind of data type, for that you
>> will probably need the various databases... and hopefully a
>> continuous integration server to run the tests...
>>

> Sqldb converts databases types to the internal ftxxx datatypes. So, yes, you
> can everything without external databases.
I admit I need to delve deeper into this, but to me it's strange we have
datatypes like ftOracleBlob and ftParadoxOLE... These do seem to be
database-specific (ok, maybe within fcl-db, but still).
Earlier today I've written code to dumbly create a bufdataset with all
these datatypes for and will see what happens when assigning data to it.
If it blows, I'll comment it out... we'll see.