[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB ready for inclusion, issue 19790

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:13:24 CEST 2011

Hi list (& Michael Van Canneyt ;),

Earlier I announced I was writing another XML export module for FCL-DB.

After some interesting hours with Excel, Access, .Net and FreePascal,
and thanks to Ludo Brands for testing and bugfixes, it seems the work is
done.

What is it: an FCL-DB export module that can export in various Unicode
XML formats: Access/SQL Server, ADO.Net and Excel.
The ADO.Net format is quite basic and might be suited for importing back
into FreePascal (I'd suggest adding an FPC namespace with datatypes
though, because you can't map FPC datatypes 1:1 with .Net datatypes).

Suggestions for additional XML export formats are welcome.

Is it tested: yep: export and import on Access XP, import by ADO.Net,
import on Excel XP. Earlier versions of the code were tested with import
on Access 2010.

The code comes with some simple tests (basically testing if the various
export formats actually finish without error) and a readme.

I think it is stable enough to include in FPC 2.5.1 for more wide scale
use and testing.

I've uploaded it to bug 19790:
files:
20110727_XMLXSDExport_Code.zip: the code, patch for fpc makefile
I've annotated the code with Lazarus todo entries to indicate possible
improvements/tests.
20110727_XMLXSDExport_Tests.zip: the test code. Note: I haven't patched
any makefiles, don't know if that's necessary

Could an administrator remove the rest of the files as they are older,
superfluous and will confuse users? Thanks.

Hope it can be applied, of course I'm available for any necessary
changes/improvements,

Thanks for all the help,
Reinier