[fpc-pascal] Timezone information in a dataset datetime field?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 18:33:32 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm busy with writing an XML export unit targeting Microsoft Access/.Net
framework (ADO.NET data access framework in particular).

Runing an ADO.NET demo program I found out that the ADO.NET variant
requires timezone info in its date/time fields.
In a sample export I did, it is set to my timezone (UTC+2 at this moment).

1. Is there any way of knowing what kind of timezone a datetime value
should be in a FPC dataset? (I suppose not...)
2. If not, I think I'm going to just use the current timezone. Is there
any cross-platform way of doing this? In the docs, I just found
GetLocalTimezone/TZSeconds in e.g. the linux unit... I could of course
use the Windows API to get something similar on Windows, but what about
OSX, or BSD or Solaris...

Thanks,
Reinier