[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB, was: SDFDataset multiline support: request for a look at patch+test, issue 17285

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sat Jul 23 14:06:33 CEST 2011

Don't know when it started, but at one point messages weren't going to the
list anymore. Since my incoming messages are routed by title [fpc-pascal]
they still showed up as coming from the list... Hence the confusion.

> > The decimal point needs also to be localised ;(
> You are correct. I had explicitly left it as a . - must have
> taken a , for a . when tired. What a ridiculous idea, to
> generate different exports for the same data depending on
> what country you are in.

At one time, even VBA was localised. You couldn't run scripts created on a
french excel on a german excel fe.

> Actually, I might just leave it in US format as a . - this
> will at least fix the format and allow import by
> US/Anglophone countries. What do you think? (Better yet, I'll
> have a look at how newer versions of Access do this, maybe MS
> have fixed this since then)

DecimalSeparator is set to the system value in Sysutils and correspond to
the machines localisation. You shouldn't hardcode it.

> What's also strange is that currency fields don't have a
> currency symbol (e.g. €); I've got Dutch settings with . as
> thousands separator - no trace of a . in currency output. But
> it does output , as a decimal marker, not . Weird.

The currency sign and thousands separators is for display use only. I
haven't seen any data format using them. Luckily, that is. The decimal
separator is already confusing enough.

Ludo