[fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB, was: SDFDataset multiline support: request for a look at patch+test, issue 17285

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 12:52:51 CEST 2011

On 23-7-2011 12:23, Ludo Brands wrote:
Hi Ludo,

Thanks for the help.

> TDOMDocument.CreateTextNode expects a DOMString which is WideString. The
> windows string to unicode conversion assumes the string is ansi.
>Use:
>
> FOutputDoc.CreateTextNode(UTF8Decode(EF.Field.AsString));
UTF8Decode would go from UTF8/Unicode to ANSI - but CreateTextNode
expects UTF16? I don't get it.
RTFM for a change: ok, UTF8Decode decodes to a widestring (presumably
UTF16 in Windows). I'll give it a go.

> BTW importing the output xml in access 2002 results in access crashing. I'm
> looking into that.

Access XP SP3, 10.6771.6870 crashed for me too in earlier versions of
the code. It worked for the code I uploaded.
Just tried it again with the test results output, and now it crashes for
me, too...

I'll ask on an Access list to see if this is expected and what can be
done...