TR : RE : RE : [fpc-pascal] Patch: new XML export for FCL-DB, was: SDFDataset multiline support: request for a look at patch+test, issue 17285

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 13:53:46 CEST 2011

Sorry, didn't realise Ludo had sent his replies to the list as well.

Summary and item for discussion below:
On 23-7-2011 13:38, Ludo Brands wrote:

> [...]
<snip helpful corrections> Was

>       RestrictionNode := FOutputDoc.CreateElement('xsd.restriction');
Thanks Ludo, have fixed those.

> The decimal point needs also to be localised ;(
>
> Ludo
You are correct. I had explicitly left it as a . - must have taken a ,
for a . when tired.

What a ridiculous idea, to generate different exports for the same data
depending on what country you are in.

I might just leave it in US format as a . - this will at least
create a consistent format and allow import by US/Anglophone countries.
What do you
think?

Better yet, I'll have a look at how newer versions of Access and ADO.NET
do this,
maybe MS have fixed this since then.
If anyone wants to try exporting to XML with inline XSD in newer
versions of Access, please do; you can e.g. paste the XML on pastebin.ca
and send me a reminder. Thanks.

What's also strange is that currency fields don't have a currency symbol
(e.g. €); I've got Dutch settings with . as thousands separator - no
trace of a . in currency output. But it does output , as a decimal
marker, not .
Weird.
Once again, I'll look at how newer Access versions and ADO.Net do this.

Thanks,
Reinier