[fpc-pascal] help with synapse mime routines...

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Feb 20 00:34:16 CET 2011

On 2/19/2011 15:27, Tomas Hajny wrote:
> On 19 Feb 11, at 14:53, waldo kitty wrote:
>> i was also incorrect... on the OS/2 box, in Mode: DEBUG with Target: OS/2,
>> it is giving the following...
>>
>> Fatal: Can't find unit UnixUtil used by synautil
>>
>> i'm using synautil for the space trimming functions and the replacestring
>> function...
>
> Yes. As it happens quite often, someone assumed that everything non-
> Windows must be Unix and thus tried to load some Unix specific unit.
> I'll see what would be possible alternatives.

sounds good to me :)

> However, I guess that
> space trimming functions should be also available directly in
> platform independent parts of FPC RTL (strutils maybe)?

yes, i went digging in there and have changed my code a bit more to use the FPC
routines... i don't know if it is faster or not but it has reduced the
complexity of my code somewhat... i removed a loop and three vars, altogether,
as well as reducing two functions to one and use another routine to handle
something i was doing via the character replacement arrays... for this i had to
add sysutils and strutils... however, i still need to use synapse's synautil for
the StringsTrim routine which removes empty lines from the end of the stringlist...

of course none of this helps with the need for the UnixUtil unit on OS/2 because
synautil is still used internally in the messpart stuff i'm using from synapse...