[fpc-pascal] Name of the programming language used in/with FPC

Ben ben.smith.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:34:40 CET 2011

Hi,

What is the programming language used in and with the Free Pascal Compiler?

* Object Pascal
* Delphi
* Free Pascal
* Pascal

I would have thought the first option [Object Pascal], but I have read
many articles/blogs on the internet which seem to refer to the Free
Pascal Compiler project's language as Free Pascal.

So what is the official word/answer on this?

If the Free Pascal Compiler project indeed does consider it having its
own Pascal dialect, named Free Pascal, then is there a list of what
syntax it has that is different to Borland's "Object Pascal", or
Embarcadero's "Delphi" language?

--

            Ben.