[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : RE : RE : Assigningvalue toftVariantdatatype& varbytes-still stuck

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sun Aug 14 16:30:07 CEST 2011

> changes;)
> > > >
> > > I'd be happy to help with testing at least!
> >
> > Sorry mate. No reaction. Everybody seems to be happy with
> the current
> > implementation. Under these circumstances, I'm not going to
> spend any
> > time on creating a patch that makes a, minor, change to the
> interface
> > when other, less intrusive, patches for fcl-db are sitting
> in mantis
> > for months/years without being merged.
>
> Your remarks really hurt my motivation to look at those
> bugreports at all. That and the fact that I spent a holiday
> week closing quite some goes unnoticed.

Marco, all my excuses if you felt my message suggested I was pointing in
your direction. I wasn't. I'm a little surprised by you taking this
personnally since most of the patches I personnaly submitted and that you
dealt with where comitted quickly. And, you don't have to believe me, but I
did notice your great efforts last weeks working and catching up on older
and new issues.
What did trigger my reaction are examples like this:
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19902 a patch contributed recently to
implement ODBC transactions while this patch
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=14944 was submitted in 2009 for the
same but never committed.

Ludo