[fpc-pascal] Posting to the list via GMAIL

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 20:50:47 CEST 2010

I have successfully contacted the maintainer of the GMANE news server
in order to fix a problem with the Lazarus mail list mirror at
gmane.comp.ide.lazarus.general

When posting via the news server the posts did not appear in the mail
list and therefore not on the news server either.
Turned out that this was caused by a misconfigured list email address
on GMANE. Now fixed and posting works.

Unfortunately there is a similar problem for this mail list, which is
also mirrored at GMANE as
gmane.comp.compilers.free-pascal.general

I asked that this group also be made working for posting via the news
server, but in this case Lars' reply was:

>> This group is also backed by a mailing list and in this case the mail
>> list email address on GMANE seems to be OK.
>> But for some reason the group is ReadOnly!
>
>If the list admin requests that it be made bidirectional, we'll change
>that.

Since I have no idea who the list admin is I post here in the hope that
he/she may see my request to contact Lars and request that the news
group is made postable, but only by authenticated list members like
the Lazarus list works.

Lars email is:

larsi+gmane at gnus.org

Please consider acting on this because it would make for a much better
information store to interact with via news rather than email.

Best wishes,
Bo Berglund