[fpc-pascal] SNAPI Driver and USB HID

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Sep 6 21:31:26 CEST 2010

Al 06/09/10 19:07, En/na Johann Glaser ha escrit:

> As I'm not very confident that such a driver does exist, I've also
> evaluated the USB descriptors and such stuff. The scanner offers an USB
> HID class interface.

 From the manual I see that it also offers com port emulation. In that
case it should provide a serial interface (e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0) that you
can simply read with synaser or another serial port library.
I don't know (yet) how the usb model works, but the plain serial one can
be configured to send the barcode terminated with cr+lf, and that's easy
to read.

Bye.
--
Luca