[fpc-pascal] fpc.cfg on windows

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Oct 10 02:16:29 CEST 2010

In our previous episode, Bernd Kreuss said:
> > On Windows it looks in the dir of the compiler, as per documentation:
> >
> > http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/user/usersu10.html#x24-310003.1.5
>
> Would a feature request for making it search in the home directory make
> sense?

It probably has its origin in the fact that not all win9x systems have a
homedir.  I'm not sure this is a requirement for the compiler though (as
opposed to compiled files).  Even win2000 is out of extended support
nowadays.

> IMHO this would be very useful. If I install or use a different compiler
> in windows I don't have any common place to put my unit search paths that
> just works out of the box without modifying the default compiler path.

Well, you could use the environment variable, as described in the manual.
When set in the system environment, that way it would be even independant of
loggedin user.