[fpc-pascal] GetTempFileName in Linux

Matt Emson memson.lists at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:12:59 CEST 2010

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Oct 2010, at 22:44, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>> Aren't there automation systems for this? Just like debian's 'apt-get update && upgrade' with a custom repository with your software? But then for windows I presume?
>
> I haven't seen any yet. The main problem is that the update isn't
> 'optional' or 'to be scheduled at X every night'. It must be done when the server application says it is time to do so.

I've had to do this. It's extremely painful in Windows because there's no easy way to replace the executing application. Everything runs pretty smoothly till you need to update the section of the app that does the update! To assume that will never occur is to invite FAIL! it might be easier now that NT is the target, but 9x made it extremely hackish to get working.