[fpc-pascal] TCgiApplication in cgiapp unit - mostly deprecated
graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 2 19:29:36 CEST 2010
On 2 May 2010 17:17, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
> I need to rewrite a Desktop app, coded in Delphi 7, to Web. The
> options: PHP, Java, C# and Pascal. For me, FreePascal would be a good
* Free Pascal is open source (always available and no vendor lock-in)
* Free Pascal is free, so can always use latest version at NO cost.
* Previous skills from Delphi 7 project can be reused. No need to retrain
developers. Saving 1000's in cost.
* Previous business domain code can be reused. Saving hundreds of hours
in development time.
* No runtime or VM is required to run apps (unlike PHP, C# or Java).
* Development tools are free and again open source.
> Exists a project open source, in Pascal, here in Brazil. It's call
> ExtPascal <http://code.google.com/p/extpascal/>. This is a project to
> code Web apps. It use ExtJS for client and Pascal for server.
I know of many developers or companies using ExtPascal to write web
apps. I unfortunately have not looked at it yet. I started our CGI
apps long before I found out about ExtPascal.
- Graeme -
fpGUI - a cross-platform Free Pascal GUI toolkit
More information about the fpc-pascal