[fpc-pascal] TCgiApplication in cgiapp unit - mostly deprecated

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sun May 2 17:17:56 CEST 2010

Hi Graeme,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't used FastCGI yet, but there seems to be an implementation
> included with FPC.
>
>  <fpc_src>/packages/fastcgi/*

I wanted know if many people here use that implementation of FastCGI.

> Free Pascal is a very good choice for CGI web applications. You have
> the full RTL and FCL at your disposal. I even use a OPF (Object
> Persistent Framework) with our CGI apps.

YES, for me too. But I need to convence my team about that. For Web
app, now, we use PHP.
I need to rewrite a Desktop app, coded in Delphi 7, to Web. The
choice, but the market here in Brazil does not like to use
Delphi/Pascal any more... now, the most use Java or C#. So, because
that, my team is worried about it, if exists support for reports, if
is fast, etc.

Exists a project open source, in Pascal, here in Brazil. It's call
ExtPascal <http://code.google.com/p/extpascal/>. This is a project to
code Web apps. It use ExtJS for client and Pascal for server.

> Best of all, I didn't have to learn a new language like PHP, Java,
> Python etc. :-)

Me too!

Marcos Douglas