[fpc-pascal] Changes in 2.4.0

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Mar 30 16:31:19 CEST 2010

On 30 Mar 2010, at 16:17, lists.fpc-pascal at duinheks.nl wrote:

> After quite a long time of absence from FPC, I decided to pick it
> up again.
> One of the first things I stumbled upon was the absence of
> ResourceStringTableCount, GetResourceStringHash and related
> functions.

The RTL sources indicate that they are only available when you compile
your application using Delphi (-Mdelphi or {$mode delphi}) or ObjFPC (-
Mobjfpc or {$mode objfpc}) syntax modes.

> Is there somewhere a list that tells me all the changes between
> 22.4.0 and previous versions?

In terms of what has been added: the various "whatsnew.txt" files in
the releases, or from svn-web: http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcbuild/tags/release_2_4_0/install/doc/whatsnew.txt
  (that one also contains the "whatsnew" info from previous releases)

In terms of things that may require you to change code or which may
affect the usage of the compiler: http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_2.4.0
  (and similar pages for previous releases, linked from the first
paragraph).

Jonas