[fpc-pascal] Mac OS X gdb: Segmentation Fault loading my project

Tobias Giesen tobiasgiesen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 13:21:58 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am back developing for Mac!

My compiled application with symbold is 93.5 MB in size and gdb cannot
load it, so the debugger in Lazarus fails too.

This happens on both Leopard and Snow with FPC 2.2.x and 2.4.0 and
Lazarus 0.9.28 and 0.9.29.

Only the 2 year old installation on Tiger still works.

Note that I have to use -Cg- to disable PIC due to some assembler code.
Could this have an influence?

I tried to reduce the symbol size by compiling the LCL without symbols,
but the option -g- did not do the trick - how could I try that?

Should I try installing FPC 2.5 from SVN?

Or install a newer gdb?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,