[fpc-pascal] Which -Op??? parameter is appropriate

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:50:04 CET 2010

David W Noon wrote:

> If I were shipping compiled binaries, I would take a more "lowest
> common denominator" approach, specifying an 80386 or some such.
> However, I don't have that problem.

Yes, we do that for our released products too. I was simply playing around
with optimisation settings to see what the different effects will be -
using my own applications.

Interestingly enough I managed to let FPC throw Access Violations, Runtime
errors and Linking errors during compiling, by playing with the various
options and using the source code of the MSEide&MSEgui project.

I reported my tests to Martin from the MSEide project, but I don't know who
is to blame for all those errors. FPC or MSEide? I couldn't duplicate those
errors with other projects.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/