[fpc-pascal] RE: Exec(), Linux, and /dev/null redirection

Zitt Zitterkopf zittware at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 19 07:11:06 CET 2010

I wanted to thank you guys for you help with this and other problems I posted recently.

My project entered beta today... and I'm expecting it to be opensourced in the coming mth or so.

I ended up using the suggestion of using the fpsystem() call which seemed to work well except that it does not work if you do not have a bash shell installed in your environment. I worked around this by sym linking sh to bash to make it work under busybox; however, someone may want to look to see if the fpsystem call can be shell independant.

John