[fpc-pascal] Is fppkg dead?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:21:23 CET 2010

Is fppkg a dead initiative?  Or is this ever going to go "live" for other
developers or even FPC to push packages to the repository too? If so, what
is the requirements to get access, or should we all host our own repositories?

---------------------------
$ fppkg list
Name                 Installed    Available
lnet                 -            0.6.3-0

fppkg was announced over a year ago. It was said that as soon as sufficient
testing was done, other packages would become available. I guess this
confirms that fppkg is a 'dead in the water' initiative - not even FPC is
using it. :-(  It sounded like such a nice idea though.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/