[fpc-pascal] fpGUI powered by OpenGL

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Dec 19 20:23:20 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 19:15 +0100, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2010, Darius Blaszyk wrote:
>
> > Today after tinkering a few hours I managed to get an fpGui hello world
> > app running with OpenGL and GLut as back-end. It seemed even easier than
> > anticipated to switch the back-end. I'm happy to share code, although
> > due to implementation differences it will never be possible to have a
> > clean solution which could be merged with the original source.
>
> What does that mean ?

This means that a modified (fork?) FPGui could be made available on
probably most platforms where FPC and OpenGL are available at
(win/*nix/mac but also mobile targets/platforms like iPhone and other
through OpenGL ES).

This could potentially be useful for game developers that would like to
use a toolkit out of the box instead of developing one themselves from
scratch.

Regards, Darius