[fpc-pascal] OFF TOPIC - how I can migrate of Delphi to FPC

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sun Aug 15 14:06:06 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Juha Manninen (gmail)
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 14 August 2010 20:04:33 Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> 3- Do exists something I can do with Delphi but not do with FPC?
>> Especialy on Windows.
>> 7- Is there any other factors we should consider before making this
>> migration, which was not written above?
>
> 1. Are you targeting for Windows-only or multi-platform?
> If it is Windows-only then you can use Windows specific features, otherwise
> not.

At first Windows, but mult-platform are in my plans.

> 2. Are you using VCL with Delphi? If yes, then you must use Lazarus + LCL, not
> only FPC. And then the discussion should actually go to Lazarus list instead
> of FPC list.

Yes, I use the VCL. I know that LCL is very compatible with VCL, but
this is not all.
To migrate a Delphi project to FPC, of course we will use the Lazarus
and LCL... but, for new projects, we have others options and,  because
that, I wrote in fpc-pascal list.

Thanks,
Marcos Douglas