[fpc-pascal] Bridging FPC and Delphi

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 20:14:34 CEST 2010

When I google search for "FPC generics" tohe top result links here:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Generics

Two cases:

1) type generic TList<T> = class // ... as is now, the word generic is
redundant

2) type TList<T> = class // ... better and in line with Delphi

It seems both were on the suggested list. How did version case 1 win out? To
me it would seem that pascal has always been about:

[type block] [identifier] = [type declare] ;
[const block] [identifier] = [const declare];
[var block] [identifier, [identifier, ...]] : [var declare];

Where identifier was always the first token to begin a type, var, or const
block. Oh well, I hope someday we can revert Free Pascal the language to
case 2.