[fpc-pascal] How to solve "variable does not seem to be initialized" compiler hint.

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at mastermaths.co.za
Thu Nov 19 08:43:48 CET 2009

Jonas Maebe wrote:

> It's not about it not being a high priority problem, it's about it
> being fundamentally unfixable (except by using a completely different

See my reply in fpc-devel mailing list.

Bottom line is, I don't think it's right for a project that prides
itself as being cross-platform, to force everybody to some behaviour
that is specific to Windows and even more specific to Windows + COM
projects.

Windows+COM is the corner case project, and it should be handled
differently and NOT be the default rule in FPC.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/