[fpc-pascal] x86.pp and oldlinux.pp

Holger Bruns holger.bruns at gmx.net
Tue Nov 3 00:26:33 CET 2009

Hi,

I decided to copy all the necessary files for x86.pp and oldlinux.pp
into one directory for compiling these two units. This compilation
failed due to syntax errors. A bunch of warnings also appeared. I post
only the syntax error messages:

oldlinux.pp(1696,2) Error: User defined: Cannot decide which processor
you have ! define cpui386 or m68k
oldlinux.pp(3831,29) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 1: Got
"Constant String", expected "LongInt"
oldlinux.pp(3834,32) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 1: Got
"Constant String", expected "LongInt"
oldlinux.pp(5902,1) Fatal: Syntax error, "ASM" expected but
"INITIALIZATION" found

x86.pp(192,23) Error: Asm: 16 or 32 Bit references not supported
x86.pp(207,23) Error: Asm: 16 or 32 Bit references not supported
x86.pp(222,24) Error: Asm: 16 or 32 Bit references not supported

Some nice warnings nevertheless:

x86.pp(237,6) Warning: Register list is ignored for pure assembler routines
x86.pp(247,6) Warning: Register list is ignored for pure assembler routines
x86.pp(256,6) Warning: Register list is ignored for pure assembler routines

And now? It seems to be hard to get this working. Debugging source code,
which produces long lists of errors and warnings while compiling is a
time consuming piece of work. Is there an alternative out there?

Regards, Holger