[fpc-pascal] A question or two regarding the FPC

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 9 10:08:50 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM, "Vinzent Höfler"
<JeLlyFish.software at gmx.net> wrote:

> Actually, you should answer one simple question for yourself: If your life really depended
> on the system, would you still trust it?

In that case we should all be very worried. Many critical systems out
there run on Windows - we as technical people know that Windows is not
the most stable platform out there.  :-)

The basic question is: Can we fully trust computers?  NO - but we have
to unfortunately. Computers are built up of many components. We have
no idea how well those components have been tested and simply have to
trust that sufficient testing has been applied. The software compiler
is just one of those many components.

Regards,
  - Graeme -